In this episode…
In this episode, I’ll take you through six ways you can increase your store’s revenue.
The six tips are not complicated. They don’t take big budgets, nor do they take years of experience to do well. Nor do you have to have a big store either. But if you do, you may be missing out on some of these sales increasing tips.
Tip 1 — Use Lead Capture
“I don’t need lead capture. I’m trying to sell products”.
Yeah, I get it. Sales are your end goal, but if you’re converting at 10% then you’re not making any money from the other 90% (if you’re converting that high).
Lead capture works on converting that 90% into sales later down the line.
By capturing a non-converting visitor’s contact information, you can reach out to them and offer them exclusive discounts which will convince them to convert and buy. You can offer discounts or you can send them regular emails about your sales or new products.
Tip 2 — Use a Benefits Bar
Benefits bars give you an opportunity to convince people to buy through your website. They should include your best Unique Selling Points (USPs), such as free delivery, a first-purchase discount code, or your returns policy.
Benefits bars are great because they promote your USPs throughout the site, rather than their just being mentioned on your homepage or in your website’s footer.
Tip 3 — Offer a great product experience
Not just good, but great. Good is not good enough. If you had a brick-and-mortar store, customers could walk right in and pick up your product. They could turn it over in their hands, checking every angle and trying it on to see how it looks. The more expensive the product, the more examination people will do.
Online customers can’t do that. A single product photo isn’t enough for customers to make a buying decision on. They need lots of information, including photos and videos, which will help them to learn enough about your product that they’ll want it and they’ll want it now.
Tip 4 — Use Paid Traffic
Google’s ads perform really well. Google wouldn’t dedicate so much space in their search results to them if they weren’t functional and revenue machines for the companies that use them.
If you’re making changes to your website and want to see how effective they are fast (and faster than ranking in the search results), running ads to your improved pages will show you if they’re converting higher than they were before and whether you should roll out the improvements you’ve made to all your products.
Tip 5 — Use Organic Traffic
Paid traffic is great, organic traffic is greater.
With paid traffic, you pay for every sale you make. Once the ads are switched off, the sales stop. With organic traffic, conversions continue way after you’ve made Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) improvements on your website.
Focus on creating and ranking content which helps your customers before they search for your product. If you sell home safes, create content about the best types of safe for different reasons.
For example, write about the best waterproof safes with electronic locks and a £2,000 cash rating. You could list ten different models (conveniently available to purchase on your website), their pros and cons, and a video which reviews the models listed.
Tip 6 — Use Influencer Marketing
Influencers make businesses. They’re not the only marketing channels eCommerce stores need, but they’re frequently under-utilised by some or, because of poor strategies and management, don’t deliver any measurable ROI.
One company which used influencer marketing incredibly well to build their business was Gymshark. I recorded a video earlier this year which breaks down how their multi-million-pound business has been built on smart influencer marketing, including the use of partnerships to offer bespoke products their audiences will love.
You can watch my entire marketing breakdown of Gymshark via the video below.
Use These Tips
Don’t leave money on the table by not optimising your eCommerce store and your marketing. No website is ever fully optimised (even Amazon is testing and making changes every single day) nor is every marketing strategy created once and never improved upon.
Double-check that your website is using these six tips, and if you are and want more suggestions and advice, then request a free review of your eCommerce store via this link: https://exposureninja.com/review/
00:00 — 6 Tips to Increase Your eCommerce Sales
01:22 — Tip 1
03:51 — Tip 2
05:24 — Tip 3
11:21 — Tip 4
13:31 — Tip 5
15:03 — Tip 6
- How To Get To The Top of Google (Book)
- How The Hut Group Uses SEO to Turnover £1.1bn
- Unlocking Gymshark’s £150 Million Marketing Strategy Success Story
Our expert Marketing Consultants will review your website and send you a custom 15-minute video and marketing plan to increase your reach and sales, completely free.