Our client is an accountant with his own small business. When he came to Exposure Ninja, he already had a keen interest in digital marketing and had worked with one of the UK’s best known marketers. His website was earning 2,894 visitors per month when we started working together.
Our client had already done some basic online marketing with a previous SEO agency but concluded that they were just “okay”. He came to Exposure Ninja for help, but he could only afford to invest a relatively small amount. Our challenge was getting results on a much smaller budget than we’d normally recommend.
Caption: the above graph shows that the number of people coming to our client’s website via Google searches has increased over time.
Due to the limited budget, we could only afford to work on one element of our client’s website at a time. We started by optimising the website for search engines then moved onto content marketing. Eventually, we were forced to pause our marketing work while we worked on a site redesign. When the site redesign was finished in the last few months of 2018, we were able to move some of our budget back to content marketing. This approach allowed us to carry out work on the website as needed without going over budget.
- Keyword research is an essential first step for any online marketing work. We looked at the different words and phrases that our client’s potential customers were using when searching for an accountant online. This was also an invaluable exercise in helping us plan our blog content.
- We periodically ran technical audits on our client’s website and fixed any errors which we spotted. This enabled us to keep the website in the best possible shape for earning new customers.
- We decided to build a new website for the client at the end of 2018.
- When we started working on this website, the client already had a decent blog. We helped improve the blog by adding structure, improving old posts that needed a polish and creating new content aimed at helping readers solve basic accountancy problems.
- The new blog content did bring new readers to our client’s website, but we noticed that not enough of them were becoming customers. To fix this, we designed custom online forms for each blog post. We also changed the wording on these online forms to target the issues raised by the blog. This increased the number of people booking consultations with our client.
- As part of our content marketing work, we got the client mentioned by The Daily Telegraph and other influential websites.
Caption: the graph above shows that our client’s website has ranking in a better position and for a larger number of Google searches over time.
As a small business, our client didn’t have much left at the end of the month to invest in marketing. So all of our marketing work for this client was done on a shoestring budget. Results were slower than they could’ve been with a larger budget, but whatever the budget, we find a way to maximise the efficiency of the work we’re doing. In the last two months, the client decided to increase their marketing spend with Exposure Ninja.
Our client went from 2,894 visitors in the month that he joined Exposure Ninja to a new record of 7,429 visitors.
- We increased the number of visitors to the website by 156%.
- We increased the number of people coming to the website via Google searches by 293%.
- We increased the number of people requesting a consultation with our client by 31%.
Caption: the above graph shows that the number of people visiting our client’s website has grown since we started working together.
This client has, on record, said that his “experience with Exposure Ninja has been great… the people are very, very friendly and very down to earth… and the results over time have really, really grown”.
Want these sort of results for YOUR business?
If you’d like to discuss working together, the first step is to request a free website and digital marketing review and tell us a bit about your goals.
As well as reviewing your market and competitors, we’ll map out our suggestions for moving forward and discuss next steps, if we can help.