In this week’s episode of the Exposure Ninja Digital Marketing Podcast, Tim is joined by the former SEO Manager of Airbnb and PayPal, Tommy Griffith.
Tommy has some amazing stories about his time at Airbnb and PayPal including his own experience of the eternal conflict between SEO and User Experience (UX).
What can you expect to learn from this podcast episode?
Here’s a brief outline of some of the questions we ask Tommy and the topics covered in this episode:
- Just how cool was it working on SEO campaigns for monster companies like Airbnb and PayPal?
- What did a typical day look like?
- What do their internal SEO and Content Team structures look like, and how important is SEO in their digital marketing campaigns?
- What KPIs were you working towards? Was it the standard organic conversions, traffic and ranking that most of us will be familiar with or, with so many variables like huge branded traffic and mammoth organic link acquisition, was it something entirely different?
- Do you have any examples of specific tests you ran at Airbnb and/or PayPal?
- How was it working with the other teams on the sites, and how did you ensure that the SEO considerations were prioritised?
- Traffic: Lots of businesses are working on the Inbound model, i.e. casting a wide net with informational content to drive traffic for lower commercial keywords in order to build relationships with potential customers. What’s your take on this approach, and was it a consideration at these sites or where they just focussed on commercial traffic?
As ever, huge thanks go to Tommy for joining us on the show and sharing his stories!
Make sure you check out ClickMinded.com and the awesome 90’s gaming style Digital Marketing Strategy Guides that Tommy talks about in the episode.
You can also connect with Tommy on Twitter: @TommyGriffith
As always, let us know what you think — drop us a line on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @ExposureNinja and if you enjoy the show, please leave us a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts from!
If you’ve got more questions or want a space to brainstorm ideas with other small business owners and get your burning digital marketing questions answered by the ninjas themselves, then you can also join our Digital Marketing Mastermind Facebook Group.
Want some free help to grow your business’s visibility online? Request a FREE website and marketing review now and one of our expert Marketing Consultants will analyse your website, digital marketing and competitors, and deliver you a 20-minute video with a bespoke plan to follow to reach your sales goals. The service is completely free and comes with no obligation to work with us afterwards.