Exposure Ninja’s Head of People will be our strategic lead on our team’s learning and development, personal development, performance processes, hiring and onboarding, and employee engagement. Your role will spark fires and ignite passions within our team through training, development and getting them into roles where they’ll excel.
You will be responsible for contributing to SLT decision-making and supporting our management team to retain top-performing Ninjas and drive meaningful performance improvements that fuel our company’s growth.
Our Head of People’s key focuses will be:
- Retaining top-performing team members
- Supporting the development of underperforming team members
- Implementing frameworks to drive performance improvements across the company
- Ensuring high levels of job satisfaction across the team
Our Head of People will do the following:
- Take the lead on building and implementing suitable frameworks that can support us to create and maintain a high-performing team.
- Benchmark performance across the team through a central system, allowing us to have an effective way to identify top-performers and those performing below standard.
- Lead performance development plan processes with Department Heads, including effective succession planning.
- Research relevant training and development opportunities for the team, including research into government funding (like the apprenticeship levy).
- Ensure our team is receiving regular, valuable training, coaching and mentoring.
- Standardise and QA training materials.
- Ensure our team is regularly receiving valuable feedback through a 360’ feedback process, and there is a process to support them to action this.
- Work with Department Heads to respectfully and tactfully address under-performance and support them to implement performance improvement plans and guide them through the process of dismissals when necessary.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Ensure we are hiring at the right-level and effectively onboarding team members, engaging them in EN’s culture from the start and making them feel part of our family.
- Ensure we have exacting probation passing criteria standards that are standardised across departments.
Employee Retention and Engagement:
- Plan and execute strategies to retain and develop top-performers, working closely with Department Heads and Team Managers to achieve this.
- Research and make recommendations for a compelling benefits package based on retaining top performers.
- Coordinate remuneration reviews with the Head of Finance and our HR Rep, and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks, market rates, etc.
- Oversee the organising of team engagement and team building activities with the HR team.
- Oversee the organising of team building events / annual summer party events.
- Research and enter us into relevant workplace awards, including entering individual team members.
Inclusion and Diversity:
- Lead on inclusion and diversity initiatives to ensure EN is a work environment free from prejudice, discrimination and intimidation so they can do their best work and live happy lives.
- Take actionable steps to promote diversity and inclusion, and increase our positive social impact.
- Spearhead initiatives to encourage better representation and diversity within the digital marketing sector as a whole.
- Support our team with securing B Corporation certification and expanding our social impact projects. We are soon to be launching The Ninja Foundation to provide digital marketing skills workshops for students in low-income schools, and our Digital Marketing Mentorship programme to provide mentoring for aspiring new digital marketers from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Run employee training that includes inclusion, diversity and social impact topics.
- Communicate our core values and bring these to life through engagement plans and people strategies.
- Effectively manage data on performance, employee retention, training and recruitment functions.
- Effectively interpret people data and analyse figures on staff turnover, cost per hire, etc. to provide insights and recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Actively contribute to discussions and decisions as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Experience leading the development and implementation of people strategies
- Experience spearheading related initiatives across an organisation
- Evidence of a pragmatic approach to problem solving, risk and decision making
- A demonstrable commitment to enabling an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Competency in core HR legislation and processes / relevant CIPD qualifications
- Experience managing a small team. You will be directly managing the HR and Recruitment team.
- A passion for people development
- An enthusiastic self-starter, recognising gaps in our inclusion and diversity policies, doing your research and taking proactive action to fix them
- Have a progressive mindset
- Have a strong understanding of cultural sensitivity
- Be a clear communicator who is not afraid to say when something needs changing, and will take the lead on executing those changes
- Be highly efficient at managing their workload and meeting deadlines. Being proactive on this is a must
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week. However, a 30-hour per week contract would be a possibility for the right candidate if preferred.