We’re digital marketing agency Exposure Ninja. We’re a rapidly growing team who run successful online marketing and content campaigns for our lovely clients. We’re on track to becoming the UK’s best digital marketing agency for SMEs, and we’d love you to join us on the journey.
Our ideal Content Marketing Team Leader will do the following:
- Manage a team of 5-8 Content Marketing Ninjas.
- Spot training and development opportunities, both formal and ad-hoc, and provide training resources and coaching for your team.
- Build great relationships with your team and retain the Ninjas working on your team, ensuring they’re happy and motivated in their roles.
- Work closely with the Head of Department on running the day-to-day operations of the department and implementing process improvements.
As a full-time Content Marketing Team Leader, you will:
- Manage a team of 5-8 Ninjas. You’ll be responsible for the team’s overall performance and the retention of those team members.
- Oversee their workload, quality and energy/stress levels, and build professional, supportive relationships with your team.
- Spot training and development opportunities, both formal and ad-hoc, and provides training resources and coaching.
- Design training and run coaching sessions, as well as facilitate team building.
- Manage difficult conversations with underperforming team members and work with them to find routes and solutions to improve their work.
- Interview and hire new team members.
- Assigns clients, arrange cover and manage capacity with other Team Leaders.
- Make process updates and fixes based on suggestions / their own ideas after discussing with your Head of Department.
- Deputise for the Head of Department when they are on leave.
The skills we’re looking for:
- At least three years experience in a content marketing or PR position (either in-house or agency side) and at least one year of experience in a management-level role.
- A love of working with people and great at giving feedback productively.
- Super organisational skills and ability not to panic under pressure.
- Confidence jumping on the phone with colleagues to problem solve and discuss concerns.
- An ability to keep calm under pressure and manage difficult, and sometimes emotional, conversations with your team.
- Experience of quality checking and reviewing work.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Trends.
- Positive, proactive and collaborative work attitude.
- A passion for content, PR, outreach, SEO and telling stories.
- Good understanding of SEO practices such as content writing for SEO, link building, keyword research and search intent.
Desirable, but not essential:
- A portfolio of successful content campaigns you’ve run and/or articles you’ve had published across various sectors. This context would be very useful for managing people within the CM team.
- Have read ‘Radical Candour’ by Kim Scott (if you haven’t, please read).
- 100% remote working!
- Flexible work hours
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days
- Flexible bank holidays – if you prefer you can choose to ‘bank’ these holidays days and use them at any other time in the year
- Birthday off!
- Ninjaversary (your annual work anniversary) off!
- Generous sick pay policy
- Paid training time
- In-house training courses as well as external training (such as Google qualifications and Hubspot)
- Incredible teammates (really some of the best people!) and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for growth, taking on new projects, secondments to other departments, running with your own ideas etc
We welcome everyone into our Ninja family:
We celebrate diversity and believe it makes our team stronger. We fully take advantage of the flexibility we have to hire Ninjas from around the world and from any background. We give our team a work environment free from prejudice, discrimination and intimidation so they can do their best work and live happy lives. Inclusivity and equality are important to us and we don’t tolerate behaviours that don’t follow these values.
This is a full-time contract position of 40 hours per week.