Our client runs a dental business with several clinics in Ireland. The client’s business was already established when we began working together, but his online presence was very limited up to that point. He was getting about 1,200 visitors on his website each month.
Caption: this ranking graph shows how the client’s website visibility on Google has increased throughout our work together.
We’ve seen this kind of situation several times in the past: an otherwise well-run business has neglected its online marketing and the owner realises that they’re missing out on potential customers. Our task was to prove that online marketing could be a profitable source of new customers for this business.
When we took this client on, the website didn’t have Google Analytics set up. This made it difficult for our client to know how many people were visiting his website and what percentage of these visitors were going on to become customers. Our priority was to set up Google Analytics and goal tracking (as a result of this, all the numbers used in this case study are from the client’s second full month of working with Exposure Ninja).
With a better understanding of the client’s business in hand, we were able to plan out our next moves. Here’s what we did:
- We set up several user tests. This simply means we recruited several testers and asked them to try and do things on the client’s website (such as book an appointment with a dentist). We recorded these tests and learned what users found difficult.
- We added an online form which allowed users to book an appointment online.
- We added a live chat feature to the client’s site so that users could ask quick questions about the business.
- We improved the quality of images across the website.
- As always, we used keyword research to find the words and phrases used by our client’s potential customers. We tweaked the key pages to better address the needs of our client’s potential customers.
- We did a complete technical audit of the website and fixed any errors which were preventing customers from using the site.
- To promote the website, we worked with several local news sites in Ireland and organised coverage for the business.
- To add meaningful content to our client’s website, we added a blog and arranged to publish blog content weekly.
Caption: this graph shows how much additional traffic we’ve been able to drive to their website.
3. Package & Results
As our client’s business was already successful, he was able to start on a large, 16-action package, split across SEO and PPC. This meant we were able to see significant results after nine months of work. All of the results below compare the second month of the campaign (the first full month of accurate conversion tracking) to the ninth:
- Total website visitors increased by 214%.
- The number of visitors coming to the site from Google searches increased by 114%.
- 8.2X the number of monthly enquiries!
Caption: the graph above shows the number of enquiries on our client’s website since they started working with Exposure Ninja.
Thanks in part to the results we’ve shown so far, we’re now working on a new website. The previous website is slow, unable to do certain things that are expected of modern websites and a limit to his online presence. The client has asked Exposure Ninja to build a faster, mobile-first website that visitors will love.
Want these sort of results for YOUR business?
If you’d like to discuss working together, the first step is to request a free website and digital marketing review and tell us a bit about your goals.
As well as reviewing your market and competitors, we’ll map out our suggestions for moving forward and discuss next steps, if we can help.